De-link WiMax, 3G Auctions: WiMax Forum
WiMAX Forum, an association of technology providers of high-speed wireless broadband Internet access, recently urged the government to de-link spectrum auction for WiMax services from that of 3G services.
The Forum stressed that as WiMax services require different spectrum band and involves less capex and faster rollout, its auction can be conducted ahead of 3G if it is de-linked.
CS Rao, WiMax Forum (India) chairman, said, "Our broadband penetration is minuscule and clubbing the two auctions has meant that unless and until any decision is made on the 3G spectrum auction, the consumers would continue to be deprived of even the wireless broadband services."
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- 5 Ways To Future-Proof IoT Devices
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years