De-link WiMax, 3G Auctions: WiMax Forum
WiMAX Forum, an association of technology providers of high-speed wireless broadband Internet access, recently urged the government to de-link spectrum auction for WiMax services from that of 3G services.
The Forum stressed that as WiMax services require different spectrum band and involves less capex and faster rollout, its auction can be conducted ahead of 3G if it is de-linked.
CS Rao, WiMax Forum (India) chairman, said, "Our broadband penetration is minuscule and clubbing the two auctions has meant that unless and until any decision is made on the 3G spectrum auction, the consumers would continue to be deprived of even the wireless broadband services."
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz