De-link WiMax, 3G Auctions: WiMax Forum
WiMAX Forum, an association of technology providers of high-speed wireless broadband Internet access, recently urged the government to de-link spectrum auction for WiMax services from that of 3G services.
The Forum stressed that as WiMax services require different spectrum band and involves less capex and faster rollout, its auction can be conducted ahead of 3G if it is de-linked.
CS Rao, WiMax Forum (India) chairman, said, "Our broadband penetration is minuscule and clubbing the two auctions has meant that unless and until any decision is made on the 3G spectrum auction, the consumers would continue to be deprived of even the wireless broadband services."
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services