De-link WiMax, 3G Auctions: WiMax Forum
WiMAX Forum, an association of technology providers of high-speed wireless broadband Internet access, recently urged the government to de-link spectrum auction for WiMax services from that of 3G services.
The Forum stressed that as WiMax services require different spectrum band and involves less capex and faster rollout, its auction can be conducted ahead of 3G if it is de-linked.
CS Rao, WiMax Forum (India) chairman, said, "Our broadband penetration is minuscule and clubbing the two auctions has meant that unless and until any decision is made on the 3G spectrum auction, the consumers would continue to be deprived of even the wireless broadband services."
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Will Trade Unions Matter In The Age Of Automation
- SPOT Forum To Throw Light On Securing A Cashless India
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs