Delegates from IT ministry visits Taiwan
A senior level delegation led by the Additional Secretary of India’s Ministry of Information Technology (IT) visited Taiwan from between May 31 to June 3, 2010. The delegation included representatives from the Union and state government ministries and departments, along with senior industry dignitaries from a cross-section of the electronics industry in India.
The delegation paid a visit to explore the possibility of cooperation between the IT industries of India and Taiwan, and promote Taiwanese investments in IT hardware manufacturing in India. The Indian delegation also conducted a brief presentation about the Indian IT industry and investment opportunities in Taiwan. "The visit to Taiwan is to strengthen understanding and to seek further cooperation between Taiwan and India," said Rakesh Singh, the Additional Secretary of India’s Ministry of Information Technology.
As part of its visit in Taiwan, the delegates visited Transcend, which is considered to be one of the leading IT companies in Taiwan. Austin Huang, sales director, Transcend Asia said that India is an attractive country for investment and that Transcend has had huge success and market acceptance in India in recent years. Huang added, "More and more Indian IT companies are now realizing the importance of the memory industry and want to tie up with Transcend for further cooperation."
Rakesh Singh has also proposed to increase international trade of IT products such as PCs, networking components and memory products in the future.
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Most Organizations Not Doing 'People Strategies' Right
- Robotics Jobs Are Seeing A Whopping Rise In India