Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
Data Storage company Dell EMC looks to expands its market in India as it perceives a potential market of $26 billion in the country for hardware, software, services and consultancy products, according to an ET report.
“India is one of the fastest growing geographies in the world,” ET quoted David Webster, president for Asia Pacific and Japan, Enterprise Business at Dell EMC as saying.
“We have invested heavily in India with sales and marketing operations but also in research and development. They are doing research and development on server, storage and software products. India is a strategic market for us,” he added.
The company is also looking at JAM (Jan Dhan-Aadhar-Mobile) initiatives of the government to strengthen its footholds in the country.
“India is a huge talent pool and the government is enabling the country to accelerate and progress. The government has a strong position on digital and technology to enable service delivery to people. It will change how India operates,” Webster said.
In May this year, Dell EMC announced a slew of new products and partnerships that could help businesses more easily leverage the power of the internet of things (IoT) in their industries. The company, along with European IT services provider Atos announced a collaboration to address the growing IoT and business analytics markets globally.
The company announced an infrastructure management solution called VMware Pulse IoT Center for secure management of an organization’s connected devices and things. The ability to quickly scale IoT projects will lead to a faster time to ROI on those deployments, the company said in a statement.
Also in June the company launced Dell EMC Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stack, a new hybrid cloud platform that offers a simple and fast path for implementing and sustaining a hybrid cloud based on Microsoft Azure Stack.
- IT Hiring 2018: More Digital Skills In Demand This Year
- Dell EMC's Sandeep Bhambure Joins Veeam As MD For India And SAARC
- TCS Hired Over 20% Outside India In last 12 Months
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD
- AI, AR, ML, VoLTE To Boom In 2018: Deloitte
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments