Dell India names Alok Ohrie as president and MD
Dell has named Alok Ohrie as the President and Managing Director, Dell India. Ohrie will carry the responsibility of further enhancing Dell’s end-to-end solutions capabilities and expanding the company’s presence in the Indian IT market. He will continue to position Dell India for long term success and growth.
In this role, Ohrie will be responsible for driving growth for Dell’s India market, developing and delivering end-to-end solutions for global & Indian corporations, state and local governments and the consumer business.
“Dell has a great presence in India. I am very happy and excited to join Dell in leading the company’s transformation to be a top technology solutions provider in India and reinforce its position as an employer of choice in the country,” said Ohrie.
Ohrie succeeds Sameer Garde, who previously led the Dell India Commercial business and has moved on to pursue career opportunities outside of the company.
“India continues to play a crucial role in Dell’s transformation, and we are confident that Alok Ohrie with over 25 years’ experience in the IT industry will help Dell to continue the momentum of being a leading provider of end-to-end solutions in India” said Amit Midha, President, Asia Pacific and Japan, and Chairman, Dell Global Emerging Markets.
Previously, Ohrie led IBM’s Systems and Technology Group in India from January 2010. Prior to joining IBM, he was President of EMC India and SAARC region and also worked for AMD as Vice President of Business Development and Managing Director of India. He had a prior stint at IBM which spanned over 13 years in various leadership roles and also at Wipro Infotech for four years.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study