Dell introduces Commvault-powered PowerVault DL appliance
CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT) and Dell (NASDAQ:CVLT) continue their OEM partnership with the introduction of the Dell PowerVault DL Backup to Disk Appliance, powered by CommVault with Simpana 8. This latest addition to the Dell PowerVault product line provides integrated data management with scalability, cloud support, faster throughput, optimized deduplication and a smaller form factor for increased cost savings and operational efficiencies.
According to CommVault the PowerVault DL is suited for remote offices and any business looking to deduplicate, backup, archive and recover data to and from public and private storage cloud environments. The new DL Appliance provides up to 24 TBs of internal storage capacity in a 2U form factor, with ability to scale to over 300 TB. Additionally, the DL Appliance delivers end-to-end block-based deduplication and can achieve deduplication throughput rates up to 3 TB per hour when performing weekly backup operations. The DL Appliance can also facilitate backups and restores of both physical and virtual environments, with both VMware and Hyper-V protection options.
CommVault has optimized its embedded deduplication for the DL Appliance and can further optimize storage resources, lower risk and improve operational efficiencies with CommVault’s archiving capabilities. With Simpana software, DL2200 users can retain data longer and more cost effectively by utilizing the DL Appliance for Microsoft Windows, Exchange, SharePoint and Linux file archiving.
The appliance also includes cloud protection capabilities — encrypted, deduplicated backup and archive data on the DL Appliance can now be seamlessly extended into public cloud storage services from Amazon, Iron Mountain, Microsoft Azure, and Nirvanix for long term, offsite retention.
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- India's E-Commerce Battle Heats Up During Festive Season
- Affiliate Marketing 101 – The What, Why and How
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM