Dell to acquire data protection vendor Credant
Dell on Tuesday announced it has reached an agreement to acquire Credant Technologies, a provider of data protection solutions to control, manage and secure data sent from endpoints to servers, storage and the cloud.
The addition of Credant technology strengthens Dell’s computing solutions and improves the manageability, reliability and security engineered into its enterprise computing portfolio.
Credant technology is a simple, comprehensive and transparent solution that is easy to deploy and protects data across its full lifecycle. Credant protects and encrypts user and corporate data– from PC to mobile to cloud – which works with enterprises’ existing systems management processes. Further, the technology supports multiple mobile operating systems allowing companies to confidently embrace the growing “bring your own device” movement.
Dell has taken significant steps over the past three years to expand its security portfolio to offer customers a complete range of world-class security solutions. Today, Dell delivers comprehensive solutions to help customers identify the appropriate technologies and services to manage risk, regardless of the resources available to manage security. Dell’s security services and solutions enable organizations of all sizes to protect their IT assets, comply with regulations and reduce security costs.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective