Dell to bolster Chennai R&D with 200 more employees in FY14
Dell’s investment in developing its India networking R&D as a global Centre of Excellence has come of age. The R&D centre acquired from Force10 Networks in 2010 now has development infrastructure across product lifecycle management, marketing and sales, research and development and operations and support, enabling it to play a key role in Dell’s complete end-to-end solutions offering for customers across the globe.
With skilled and qualified workforce easily available in Chennai, the city is now home to over 2/3rd of Dell’s networking global R&D human resources. The company is looking to add to its talent pool to strengthen its Chennai operations in the next few years by as many as 200 in the next fiscal.
A year after announcing its intent to develop the Chennai operations as a Centre of Excellence and crucial R&D hub for Dell’s networking business, the centre has already filed 37 invention disclosures as well as deployed four major products in FY13 for customers globally.
Dell also recently announced the launch of its Active Fabric solutions. The solution aims to flatten the traditional datacenter network architecture using high-density and low-latency fixed-form factor 10/40GbE switches that can be deployed while reaching to hyper scale proportions. This enables customers to plan, design, build and monitor these fabrics with unbeatable speed and efficiency, with a potential reduction in deployment times by up to 86 percent.
“Datacenter networking is going through significant transformation to meet the changing needs of end users, applications, virtualization, and IT administrators. The opportunity within this market is a sizeable$200 million in India alone and the Chennai R&D Centre is critical to Dell’s plans for tapping this market. The centre will continue to see more investments in infrastructure and human resources over the next year,” said Sreedhara Narayanaswamy, Executive Director and General Manager, Dell Networking R&D India.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study