Dell to expand Force 10 R&D unit in India
Computer maker Dell would increase the workforce of the India R&D team of Force10 Networks, the high-performance data centre networking firm, which it acquired recently for an undisclosed sum.
There are about 265 engineers at Force10’s Chennai Innovation Centre currently and this will be significantly ramped up over the next one year to play a critical part for its networking business.
“Force10’s history of product innovation and technology leadership in data centre networking matches and accelerates our vision,” said Dario Zamarian, Vice President and General Manager, Dell Networking.
Force10’s products and technology will complement Dell’s existing Enterprise data centre solutions.
Dell expects the transaction to be accretive to earnings in the second half of next year. The company expects to hire several hundred new team members in engineering, sales and marketing, and services jobs at the Dell Silicon Valley as well as Chennai R&D Centres.
“Combining Dell’s global scale, reach and enterprise portfolio with our innovation in high-performance networking provides our customers the best end-to-end solution for today’s and tomorrow’s data centres,” said Henry Wasik, Chief Executive Officer, Force10 Networks.
Since the past couple of months, there were reports in the media where analysts suggested that Dell could acquire Brocade in its bid to increase its networking portfolio. They believed that Dell had a good portfolio for servers, storage, data centres and other related services but lacked in its networking offerings.
According to industry analysts Dell has played safe with this acquisition as buying Brocade would have been difficult for the company to digest culturally and operationally.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business