Dell to Offer Broadband-enabled PCs
Dell has tied up with Reliance to offer netbooks and notebooks pre-bundled with wireless broadband.
To be marketed as NetConnect Broadband Plus , the wireless broadband package will include a USB card and six months of unlimited wireless broadband (subject to a fair use cap) with the notebook/ netbook on purchase. Upon completion of offer period, customers can choose to enter any of existing Reliance plans available at that point of time. According to the agreement between the two companies, Dell will make these bundled computing products available through its established channel across the country.
Mahesh Bhalla, director and GM (consumer sales) of Dell India said, Internet proliferation along with attendant benefits across business as well as personal use has been a key driver in the PC market. But the real catalyst in laptop sales would be when Internet access becomes easier, affordable and consistent. This is the first step towards Dell s objective of becoming a complete solution provider.
Netconnect Broadband Plus has a downlink speed of upto 3.1 Mbps and a separate uplink speed of upto 1.8 Mbps.
For the customers who prefer to use 1XCDMA service, Dell will make available its range of notebooks/netbooks bundled with 1XCDMA service option from Reliance as well.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- Dell Veteran Sameer Garde Joins Cisco As President
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 24-29)
- Are RJio Competitors Barking Up The Wrong Tree?
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Reliance Disruption: Jio Launches A Zero Priced Feature Phone