Dell unveils storage solutions strategy for India
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) recently unveiled storage portfolio, expanding existing solutions with the recent global acquisitions to provide customers the choice to build an integrated storage infrastructure using different technologies such as fibre or iSCSI, it informed. The company also announced the India availability of solutions from its recent acquisition of Compellent Technologies.
“With the recent trends in the storage market, be it de-duplication, storage visualization or data archival, all focus on allowing enterprises manage storage complexity issues better and reduce costs associated with managing old data while helping them take backups using less bandwidth. At dell, we commit to provide next-generation storage solutions and proactive support that help enterprise customers optimize and automate the management and protection of their data,” remarked John Joseph, VP, Dell Storage.
The company stated that it brings in a comprehensive storage portfolio across DAS, NAS, SAN and back-up solutions and strong FC-based solutions. It is working with EqualLogic, to make storage simple, affordable and capable.
Increasing usage of applications like e-mail, ERP, CRM and similar others have contributed to IT storage needs, opines Vikas Bhonsle, GM, large enterprise, Dell India. He added that, “We also see an opportunity to better serve our small and medium customers as they look for robust storage that helps them scale up and grow their business. Dell’s storage vision is in line with Dell’s enterprise strategy, to partner our customers to be competitive and meet market demands without sacrificing choice and flexibility.”
The company stated that its storage consolidation include enables storage administrators to manage more terabytes of storage in a consolidated environment and gain control of the growth of their data and respond to changing business needs.
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- How IoT Is Revolutionizing CPG Industry
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- 3 Technologies That's Changing The Insurance Sector
- What Makes Evry So Bullish On India Market
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- 7 Technologies To Increase Business Competitiveness
- Semiconductors in Data Storage