Dell Veteran Sameer Garde Joins Cisco As President
Networking titan Cisco has appointed Dell veteran Sameer Garde as its India head effective August 1. This move follows the exit of Dinesh Malkani who was leading Cisco India and SAARC as President, earlier this month.
Malkani will serve Cisco as the strategic advisor till the end of September.
“We are thrilled that Sameer Garde has joined us as President, Cisco India, and SAARC. The India site has been at the forefront of driving innovation and digital transformation. Sameer will help us redouble our commitment to being a company fiercely committed to delivering for its customers, partners, and employees,” the company said in a statement.
Garde was attached to Dell with various roles as president and MD, Dell India; VP and GM of Global OEM business, Dell Inc, and executive director of the APJ services sales, Dell Asia Pacific and others. This stint will Dell is for nine years from 2004 to 2013.
Prior to engaging with Cisco, he was the senior consultant at CtrlS Datacentres, a tier-4 datacentre company.
“I am excited to join Cisco at this important time. The opportunity ahead in India is tremendous. The ability to lead the next chapter for Cisco in India is deeply humbling and incredibly exhilarating,” said Garde.
Nal Gollagunta who joined Cisco around five and a half years earlier and took over MD of Enterprise Sales this May, resigned three weeks ago.
According to Media reports, he resigned not for being considered for Malkani’s role, which he was aiming for. The company is yet to bring something to fill in Gollagunta’s position.
Cisco has seen a wave of top-level exits, which includes Puneet Gupta, MD of Enterprise and Public Sector sales, resigned in April. Gaurav Agarwal, who become Gupta’s successor quit last month to join Symantec as its Managing Director-India and SAARC.
Garde who also served Samsung as Senior Vice-President and Country Head-enterprise Business joins Cisco at a time when the company is faced with struggle and firm competition in both enterprise and public sector business.
- 5 Technology Trends That Can Change The Way We Do Business
- Smartphone Users In India To Double by 2022: Cisco
- The Biggest Tech Acquisitions Of All Time
- CIOs, Are You Ready For These 7 Digital Disruptions?
- Vinod Ganesan Joins Cloudera As Country Manager For India
- Govt, Large Enterprises Drive India's IT Networking Growth: IDC
- Helping Companies Stay Relevant In An Ever-Changing Digital Landscape
- Applying A Customer-Centric' Formula For Business Success
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?