Delta launches RenE - hybrid renewable energy solutions
Delta Group, provider of switching power supplies and DC brushless fans, has recently rolled out hybrid renewable energy solutions (RenE) under its SolutionE concept, which is meant to bring together company’s telecom power products and enable direct and indirect energy savings.
RenE solutions feature a modular power supply concept that can use any combination of solar power, wind turbines, mains power, diesel generators and fuel cells, which may reduce payback time as well as electricity bills for over 50 percent, stated the company.
“With RenE, telecom customers can go all green using only renewable energy sources whether it’s in the heart of the city or in the remotest areas of the globe. Compared with utilizing the more expensive traditional energy sources, using renewable energy sources alone or in a hybrid solution may bring down payback time from 7 to 2 years, varying with site designs,” remarked Krzysztof Puczko, product manager, RenE-hybrid power systems.
This solution, as stated by the company, features complete integrated power, ease of installation and maintenance, remote control and monitoring, data logging for multi-energy, reliable and cost effective. It is designed keeping Indian rural areas in mind where grid power (Electricity Board or EB power) is highly unreliable forcing BTS sites to depend on onsite diesel generators for backup or primary power. The hybrid solution is meant to ensure power in these areas and will not only reduce the telecom sites OPEX but also will help cut the use of fuel guzzling diesel generators in tower operations.
The hybrid solution which includes solar panels, generator, AC/DC power system, and battery, is an energy-efficient and Opex-optimized solution for ensuring lower CO2 emissions, believes Dalip Sharma, MD, India & SAARC, Delta Group. He further stated that, the solution is made at Rudrapur which has green building credential too. “Best suitable for rural or remote sites as it offers complete integrated power system which is simple to install and easy to maintain with added advantage of remote control and monitoring including data logging.
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations
- F-Secure's New Security Offering Blends Human Expertise And AI