Destroy digital data, logically and physically
Pitney Bowes India, a provider of mailstream and document management solutions announced the launch of ‘Degaussers’ under the Intimus range. This is being done in association with Martin Yale Gmbh, a player in the secured data destruction space.
Modern hard disk drives or magnetic tapes can contain millions of written pages, together with other confidential information like pictures, films, presentation, financial calculations, or even banking data. All this information is secured during use but deleted or formatted information can potentially be restored. The new Intimus ‘Degausser’ ensures data is completely destroyed and erased from the hard disk making it impossible to restore.
According to reports, close to 380,000 tonnes of e-waste was generated in India from discarded computers, televisions and mobile phones in 2007. This figure is expected to rise to 800,000 tonnes by 2012.
Pitney Bowes will distribute the Intimus Degausser’s and Crushers from Martin Yale as well as provide accessories, spare parts and after-sales services of the same. The Degaussers and Crushers are used to prevent protected data from being stolen from hard drives when the computers and hard drives are disposed.
The Intimus range of products will be targeted to the service sectors like BFSI and telecom, besides the government where data security is a critical part of the data management process.
"Effective data security and data management are critical to government and industries across all verticals today. Organizations are consistently upgrading their IT hardware to meet the growing demands on processing capability and storage. This leads to obsolescence of existing computer hardware, which needs to be disposed in a safe and secured manner. The ‘Degausser’ will play this crucial role in destroying the sensitive data in the hardware that is to be disposed off," explained K.M. Nanaiah, Managing Director, Pitney Bowes India.
The Intimus range of products introduced in India are the Intimus 8000/9000 and the Intimus HDD crusher 1000.
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz