DGCA Requests ICT to Grant Star Bandwidth for RTM
The request concerns applications by airline operators that can be used with Star’s Terrastar.
Star is a technology company focused on providing aerospace solutions, both hardware and software platforms, to assist aviation operators worldwide.
A press statement issued by Star said that the request not only demonstrates DGCA support for Star’s Terrastar:Real-Time Monitoring technology, but also underlines the working relationship that Star has with the Indian aviation authorities.
Dale F. Sparks, chief technical officer for the Star group said, “We see great opportunity in the S.E Asia/Pacific aviation sector, and it is a significant part of our overall strategy. Acquiring the necessary bandwidth for communications is critical to our success in this market and it begins with regulatory approvals from the relevant government departments and ministries. Therefore, we approached this directive very tactfully and ambitiously.”
The request for bandwidth is a necessary step in the process of getting Star’s technology installed on aircraft in the region.
Viraf Kapadia, chairman and CEO of Star said, “We are in the process of opening an office in New Delhi, in order to take advantage of the growth in aviation services in the region. Although airlines worldwide face significant challenges, a recent Airports Authority of India forecast predicts a 21.6% annual increase in Indian passenger traffic (domestic and international) over the next 5 years.(Source: Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation, and Airports Authority of India).”
- Domain Extensions Can Make A Difference To Your Business
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- Decoding The Security Factor In IoT
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- How Digital Is Transforming Child Healthcare