DGCA Requests ICT to Grant Star Bandwidth for RTM
The request concerns applications by airline operators that can be used with Star’s Terrastar.
Star is a technology company focused on providing aerospace solutions, both hardware and software platforms, to assist aviation operators worldwide.
A press statement issued by Star said that the request not only demonstrates DGCA support for Star’s Terrastar:Real-Time Monitoring technology, but also underlines the working relationship that Star has with the Indian aviation authorities.
Dale F. Sparks, chief technical officer for the Star group said, “We see great opportunity in the S.E Asia/Pacific aviation sector, and it is a significant part of our overall strategy. Acquiring the necessary bandwidth for communications is critical to our success in this market and it begins with regulatory approvals from the relevant government departments and ministries. Therefore, we approached this directive very tactfully and ambitiously.”
The request for bandwidth is a necessary step in the process of getting Star’s technology installed on aircraft in the region.
Viraf Kapadia, chairman and CEO of Star said, “We are in the process of opening an office in New Delhi, in order to take advantage of the growth in aviation services in the region. Although airlines worldwide face significant challenges, a recent Airports Authority of India forecast predicts a 21.6% annual increase in Indian passenger traffic (domestic and international) over the next 5 years.(Source: Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation, and Airports Authority of India).”
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How AI Is Transforming HR And The Recruitment Process
- Is Time Ripe For Robot CEOs? Firms Think Otherwise
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise