Digital Information to Grow
The digital information is witnessing phenomenal growth. According to EMC, the digital information growth is surpassing all projections and this despite an economic downturn.
A new EMC- IDC study said that the amount of digital information created in 2008 grew three percent faster than IDC s prior projection.
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index- Forecast and Methodology 2007-2012- annual global IP traffic will exceed half a zettabyte in four years. EMC together with IDC in a study also said that the pace of digital information created and transmitted over the Internet, phone networks, and airwaves have increased, and continue to be. According to IDC, by 2011- there will be 1.8 zettabytes of electronic data.
According to the study- As the Economy Contracts, the Digital Universe Expands, the amount of digital information created in 2008 grew three percent faster than IDC s prior projection. The report said that in 2012, five times more digital information will be created as against in 2008. According to the study- Internet commerce will be a $13 trillion industry by 2012 that include sensitive business-to-business commerce. 850 million individuals are expected to buy and sell products and services on the Internet by 2012.
Those who use information growth to their advantage are seeking out new and creative ways to manage, secure and protect the rapidly-growing volumes, said Joe Tucci, chairman, president and CEO of EMC Corporation. More than 30 percent of the information created today is security-intensive, thus requires high standards of protection. That number will grow to roughly 45 percent by the end of 2012. In addition, a large number of the IT organizations will need to keep information secure- the report said.
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- How IoT Impacts The Supply Chain In Flex
- 40 pc FMCG Spend Will Have Digital Influence By 2020, Says Google