Digital Information to Grow
The digital information is witnessing phenomenal growth. According to EMC, the digital information growth is surpassing all projections and this despite an economic downturn.
A new EMC- IDC study said that the amount of digital information created in 2008 grew three percent faster than IDC s prior projection.
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index- Forecast and Methodology 2007-2012- annual global IP traffic will exceed half a zettabyte in four years. EMC together with IDC in a study also said that the pace of digital information created and transmitted over the Internet, phone networks, and airwaves have increased, and continue to be. According to IDC, by 2011- there will be 1.8 zettabytes of electronic data.
According to the study- As the Economy Contracts, the Digital Universe Expands, the amount of digital information created in 2008 grew three percent faster than IDC s prior projection. The report said that in 2012, five times more digital information will be created as against in 2008. According to the study- Internet commerce will be a $13 trillion industry by 2012 that include sensitive business-to-business commerce. 850 million individuals are expected to buy and sell products and services on the Internet by 2012.
Those who use information growth to their advantage are seeking out new and creative ways to manage, secure and protect the rapidly-growing volumes, said Joe Tucci, chairman, president and CEO of EMC Corporation. More than 30 percent of the information created today is security-intensive, thus requires high standards of protection. That number will grow to roughly 45 percent by the end of 2012. In addition, a large number of the IT organizations will need to keep information secure- the report said.
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert