Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
The future growth of the Indian IT companies is going to be supported by higher expenditure on digital technologies, digital transformation and improved discretionary spending.
As revealed by the rating agency ICRA, large Indian IT companies are expected to grab a “higher share of the digital services space” in the coming three years.
Quoted in the Economic Times, companies are likely to register compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) in “mid-to-high single digits” between FY 2018-2021.
“The growth of Indian IT Services companies is impacted by lower demand led by uncertain macro-economic environment, lower deal sizes in digital technologies, cloud adoption and high competitive intensity from local as well as international players,” ICRA Vice President Gaurav Jain said.
“The future growth will be supported by higher spend on digital technologies with larger deals spanning enterprise wise digital transformation, improving discretionary spends, continued cost benefit offered through outsourcing model and market share gains,” added Jain.
Speaking in terms of statistics, the share of Indian players in global IT sourcing market stood at 67 per cent in 2017 (60 per cent in 2012). “Indian IT Services firms are in the midst of re-orienting their business models focusing more on higher end services such as IT consulting & emerging technologies (digital). We expect large Indian IT companies to grab a higher share of the digital services space over the next three years,” he said.
The Indian IT services companies (13 sample cos) registered the cumulative growth of 3.9 percent during the fourth quarter of FY2018 (9.7 per cent in USD terms) vis-a-vis 4.2 per cent growth in last fiscal, FY2018.
Comparing this to higher growth rate of 17.1 per cent seen between FY2013-2017, ICRA said “the lower growth was due to the rupee appreciating by approximately 4 per cent versus USD during the quarter”.
- Talent Shortage, A Key Concern For Organizations: Gartner
- Salaries In India To Shoot Up By 10 pc in 2019: Report
- Top 10 Trends Transforming Today's Learning Experience
- Study Highlights Widening Skill Gap In Indian IT Industry
- Virtual Assistants On The Rise In the workplace: Gartner
- 5 Tech To Disrupt The Enterprise In 2019
- Smart Speaker Usage Booming in India, Says Study
- What Makes The Smart Home Market So Lucrative In India
- Digital Tech Essential to Bridge India’s Skill Gap, Shows Study
- BlackBerry Empowers Automakers With Digital Cockpit Solution