Digitalization Should Be In CIO’s Must-Do List: Analyst
CIOs should start considering the ‘digitalization’ as a key part of their organization and start looking at the ways of connecting their business with people and things, said Jorge Lopez, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner, in the session titled, “Business Moments: The new speed of Business” at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2015, held from November 2-5 in Goa, India.
Defining the word digitalization, Lopez stated that it is a platform where business, people and things are together. “The lines between the digital and physical worlds are blurring and in the year 2000 companies had only a portal to tell their customers, their business and their contact details.
2005 was the year of e-business where a customer can select a product/service online and 2017 will be the era of digital marketing” he said concluding that 2015, major chunk of the business revenue will be driven by the digital sales of the organization.
Stating examples of the companies in the banking, manufacturing and healthcare, he said that digitalization works as a bridge between new business models.
“The traditional boundaries between the industries are blurring and incubancy is not a gurantee of success and the value will be in new buisness designs evolving people, business and things,” he concluded.
- Dell EMC's Sandeep Bhambure Joins Veeam As MD For India And SAARC
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India