Directi announces annual case study competition
Directi, an Internet products company has launched ‘annual case study competition 2010’ initiative, in which, over 1000 of India’s B-school talent will ‘compete through collaboration’. The competition aims at providing an opportunity to explore creative uses of location based social networks and develop a product for mass adoption. The winners will receive up to than Rs.3,00,000 in cash.
The jury panel will comprise of Sumir Chadha, md, Sequoia Capital India, Gaurav Mishra, social media expert and Bhavin Turakhia, founder & ceo, Directi.
“With over a third of the country’s internet population hooked onto social networking, we have witnessed the first leg of a digital revolution in India,” remarked Turakhia.
“Location-based services blended with social networking are poised to emerge as a powerful marketing tool. The annual case study competition that will address the power of location based social networking is an intellectual battle turf for future business leaders,” Turakhia further added.
The company informs that the team that submits the best case study from every participating institution will be featured on the website. The finals of competition, the People’s Choice award and best Facebook contributor are the three categories to be awarded on 19th November 2010.
“This competition is a learning ground for B-school students to test their mental faculties, technical and business acumen, and executional abilities to explore the nuances of running new- age businesses. The collective experience derived via this medium will aid students to build businesses in future,” stated Sumir Chadha, md, Sequoia Capital India.
The competition is open to all final year MBA students or those graduating in 2011 enrolled at a full –time MBA program at any of the schools mentioned in the grid below. All interested participants are required to form a team and register it online.
“The Case Study Competition will provide a forum to B-school students to explore these tools and find innovative ways to enhance customer experience and create new revenue streams,” remarked Mishra.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Customer Experience Can Be A Strategic Brand Differentiator
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision