Disk Storage System Market To Grow: IDC
The disk storage system market continues to thrive and moves to enhance economics of data storage, influenced by expanding markets and a desire to improve efficiencies.
In 2005, worldwide disk storage system revenue increased 10.5% over 2004 and will continue to expand as terabyte shipments grow more than 50% annually through 2010, predicts IDC.
“The constant demands for storing more data is causing IT managers to look for ways to bring more efficiency to the data center with limited budgets,” said Natalya Yezhkova, Senior Analyst for storage system research at IDC.
“These demands will increase in intensity and diversity over the next few years. OEMs must understand the storage infrastructure development stages and emerging data intensive applications in order to meet these needs and capitalize on a thriving storage market,” added Yezhkova.
Key market dynamics mentioned in the report over the next few years are as follows:
* Worldwide disk storage system revenue will reach $29.8 billion in 2010
* Roughly two-thirds of all storage terabytes shipped in 2010 will be based on capacity-oriented disk drives
* iSCSI SAN revenue to top $5.1 billion by 2010
IDC’s study, ‘Worldwide Disk Storage Systems 2005-2010 Market Forecast and Analysis: Expansion, Efficiency, and Economics Driving Growth’ will provide a comprehensive analysis of worldwide disk storage systems market in 2003-2005, as well as market forecasts for 2006-2010.
This study includes market share data for the top 22 disk storage system vendors in various segments of the market and discusses performance of individual vendors on these segments.
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities