Disk Storage System Market To Grow: IDC
The disk storage system market continues to thrive and moves to enhance economics of data storage, influenced by expanding markets and a desire to improve efficiencies.
In 2005, worldwide disk storage system revenue increased 10.5% over 2004 and will continue to expand as terabyte shipments grow more than 50% annually through 2010, predicts IDC.
“The constant demands for storing more data is causing IT managers to look for ways to bring more efficiency to the data center with limited budgets,” said Natalya Yezhkova, Senior Analyst for storage system research at IDC.
“These demands will increase in intensity and diversity over the next few years. OEMs must understand the storage infrastructure development stages and emerging data intensive applications in order to meet these needs and capitalize on a thriving storage market,” added Yezhkova.
Key market dynamics mentioned in the report over the next few years are as follows:
* Worldwide disk storage system revenue will reach $29.8 billion in 2010
* Roughly two-thirds of all storage terabytes shipped in 2010 will be based on capacity-oriented disk drives
* iSCSI SAN revenue to top $5.1 billion by 2010
IDC’s study, ‘Worldwide Disk Storage Systems 2005-2010 Market Forecast and Analysis: Expansion, Efficiency, and Economics Driving Growth’ will provide a comprehensive analysis of worldwide disk storage systems market in 2003-2005, as well as market forecasts for 2006-2010.
This study includes market share data for the top 22 disk storage system vendors in various segments of the market and discusses performance of individual vendors on these segments.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)