Domestic Demand Fuels BAeHAL Software Projects
BAeHAL Software Limited, a joint venture between UK-based BAe System and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), has bagged software projects worth Rs 200 crore to be delivered by 2010.
Talking to CXOtoday, R.N. Prasad, group manager of BAeHAL Software, said, "We have bagged software projects for real-time projects, simulation, engineering services and software testing from mostly local companies. Now with the total offshore engineering spend expected to grow to $225 billion by 2020, it gives many more opportunities for companies like us." Reports indicate that many software firms have entered the A&D sector in a big way.
Going forward, most of the projects are for large Indian companies like Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), and Tata Motors, among others.
In fact, the company started off initially with more of overseas projects and only recently has been focusing on local companies. "We now have a 50:50 ratio between our domestic and overseas clients," said H.V. Manjunath, head of marketing at BAeHAL Systems. Some of the overseas customers include Airbus, Rolls-Royce, Bombardier, British Airways, and Thales, among others.
The company has been developing software for Aerospace & Defense (A&D) companies since 1993 when they got into the joint venture with BAe Systems. The UK partners support quality and also offloads certain works to the company.
The company has major software projects from the three Indian Defense forces namely, the Army, Air Force and Navy. "We have developed avionics and flight simulators for the MiG 21 aircrafts besides an inter-locking safety software system for the Indian Navy," said Prasad.
Based out of Bangalore, BAeHAL Software presently employees about 400 engineers who develop software in-house as per customers’ requirements.
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems