Doodarshan Digitises Media Archives
HCL Infosystems recently deployed its Dalet Media Library system to digitize Doordarshan’s media archives.
HCL’s robust, state-of-the-art media asset management platform facilitates the migration of existing tape-based content as well as newly-created content into a centralized digital repository. The Dalet search-and-browse engine in its media library makes the archived material easily accessible both locally by workstations connected to the network and remotely by any PC with a Web connection.
"The Doordarshan project is one of the first media asset management initiatives in India’s public broadcast market," said Anurag Kumar, deputy general manager of HCL Infosystems. "This first phase constitutes the heart of the enterprise system. It provides the core, fundamental workflow in which media - existing, present and future - will be stored in a central database and readily available in just about any format by any authorized user regardless of location."
"Because the Doordarshan archives carry such a phenomenal wealth of materials, it was essential that the new digital workflow could accommodate media delivery to a wide range of platforms. The technology does more than centralize the archives. It also provides a platform by which valuable assets can be exchanged, allowing them to be used in even more meaningful ways," said Arnaud Elnecave, general manager, Dalet Asia Pacific.
The new Doordarshan digital workflow incorporates NetApp NAS technology for ingest and production online storage, and IBM tape library for near-line storage, controlled by Front Porch Diva HSM. Dalet Media Library manages all the media operations such as conversions of media into proxies for fast online viewing, transfers between different storage units, and indexing of the video content. It also provides tools for search, retrieval, storyboarding, exchange and integration to ensure content distribution.
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation