Do's and Dont's of Social Media Marketing
According to a recent report by eMarketer, Worldwide Social Network Users 2013 Forecast and Comparative Estimates that nearly one in four people worldwide will use social networks in 2013. The number of social network users around the world will rise from 1.47 billion in 2012 to 1.73 billion this year, an 18% increase. By 2017, the global social network audience will total 2.55 billion.
The report further states that developing nations like India, Indonesia, Mexico, China and Brazil will see a steep rise in the number of social media users by the year 2017.
Based on various research studies, blogs and articles by social media experts, we at CXO Today, have compiled a set of tips that can prove helpful in improving your social media strategies.
1. Be consistent in delivering the brand’s promises to the audience everytime you interact with them. Make sure all the promises made by the company are fulfilled.
2. The audience’s expectations need to be kept so as to create the right image in front of them.
3. Constantly publish useful and meaningful content for the target audience to obtain value for your brand.
4. A proper identified goal gives direction to your company that would propel forward at a faster pace.
5. Social Media is about two-way communication. So, when your customer writes to you, the response should be quick and apt.
6. Your social media profile/ homepage plays the key role in giving the audience an insight into the motives and targets of the company. Therefore, it must be used effectively to create a lasting ‘first impression’ on your customers and prospects.
7. Experiment with your strategy to find new and interesting ways to present the same information to your networks.
1. Do not self promote too much as this might cause the viewers to doubt your services.
2. Don’t turn off potentials by making extreme statements about where you stand personally on a topic – unless that’s your business model.
3. Don’t ignore people who take the time to interact with you. Work with whatever feedback you can get, respond to it, and build relationships based off mutual understanding.
4. Don’t assume everyone is on your level. Be sensitive to the varying perspectives of visitors to your page. Explain your reasoning, cite your sources, and tailor your rhetoric to the individuals you interact with.
5. Don’t be repetitive. Give continuity to your brand’s voice by keeping threads of content alive, but don’t annoy your audience with the same tune over and over and over again.
6. Don’t over-invest in any one project and where possible help build your users into advocates with user-generated content.
7. Don’t be ignorant to the competition around.Monitor competitors’ handles and hash tags to see what type of content they are sharing and who is following them, as well as what others are saying in reference to them.
The above tips would help reap great benefits in the arena of Social Media Marketing and here are some of them.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing:
1.You can reach customers that traditional marketing misses. You never know who will direct a friend to your blog, Facebook page or social bookmark post, so your potential for reeling in new leads is unlimited.
2.You can build brand loyalty. Not only can you use social media to build your brand, you can use it to demonstrate your personality, interact with customers and show them that you are concerned with their needs which inturn would breed loyalty. Social media marketing can also boost your reputation and build relationships.
3.You can learn how to improve your products and services. By encouraging open communication through public comments, you can learn what you can do to make your products and pitch more palatable.
4.You can learn more about your target audience, not only by their comments but also by studying visitor analytics. This information can prove invaluable when planning other marketing campaigns such as direct-mail postcards.
5.Social media marketing is cost-efficient in comparison with other marketing methods, even if you hire a dedicated team or outsource your social media content needs.
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- Shifting From Instinct To Insight Powered Marketing
- Marketing Trends That Will Fizzle Out In 2018
- Social Commerce: The Next Big Thing In Payment?
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Customer Experience Can Be A Strategic Brand Differentiator
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience
- How TV, Print Media Firms Are Leveraging Digital Technologies