‘Dynamic’ and ‘innovative’, overused buzzwords in India: LinkedIn
LinkedIn, the professional networking site, recently released the most overused words and phrases in members’ LinkedIn profiles.
Discussing about the site’s ability to uncover workplace trends with the available data on the high volume of people with profiles DJ Patil, chief data scientist, LinkedIn, said that “In this case, we wanted to reveal insights that help professionals make better choices about how to position themselves online whether they are reaching out to new clients or networking with peers.”
The top 10 terms that are overused by professionals in India are:
3. Extensive experience
4. Team player
7. Proven track record
8. Value add
9. Skill set
10 . Out-of-the-box
“Phrases like ‘extensive experience’ and ‘proven track record’ can appear empty to a potential employer and may do more harm than good when you include them in your profile or resume,” observed Lindsey Pollak, a career and workplace expert. “If you’re using any of these 10 terms, wipe them out. Instead, note that you have eight to ten years of experience or that you increased sales by 300 percent. Include meaningful phrases that apply specifically to highlights you’ve achieved in your career.”
Suggesting tips that can increase the number of people viewing professionals’ profile, experts say that one should ensure that profile is complete with all the roles and a profile photo. The profile with multiple positions is likely to be viewed 12 times more.
Users should connect to at least 50 trusted contacts and also find first, second or even third degree connections working at companies they want as clients. Another important tip advised by experts is that users should get their profiles to come up higher in search results by customizing the profile URL.
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Equifax Breach: Lessons For Indian Companies
- What's Driving CRM Growth In India?
- Six Focus Areas For Business Success
- Is 3-D Drawing Going To Kill Microsoft Paint?
- LinkedIn’s “Made in India” Lite App To Touch Over 60 Nations
- Infor Teams Up With LinkedIn To Empower CRM
- Big Data And The Art Of Personalized Banking