E-learning Offshoring to touch $603 million
The Indian e-learning offshoring industry is set to touch $603 million by 2012 according to a study by ValueNotes Outsourcing Practice.
Revenues from the Indian e-learning offshoring industry stand at approximately $ 341 million at the end of calendar year 2008.
While the economic recession will impact the growth in the industry for the next 6-8 quarters, the market will recoup and grow much faster, until 2012. Taking these factors into account, ValueNotes estimates suggest that the e-learning offshoring industry will grow at a CAGR of 15% till 2012, though growth will be more subdued till 2010.
Today, the Indian e-learning outsourcing industry consists of both, third-party providers and offshore delivery centers of international e-learning providers and consulting firms. Apart from pure-play e-learning firms, companies from fields such as IT, BPO, publishing and domestic retail education have made a foray into the market, mostly in the last decade. Given the fragmented nature of the Indian industry, ValueNotes estimates that there are no more than 35 e-learning providers who have more than 100 employees. There are well over a hundred other smaller providers in this space.
"While Indian e-learning providers have traditionally concentrated on low end outsourced work for international providers and end clients, they are now leveraging their position on the ‘e’-learning curve, says Reetika Joshi, analyst at ValueNotes. "Providers are building their capabilities to rival international standards in emerging technologies - with Web 2.0 applications, high tech learning environments, and tools to develop better, faster and economical learning. Small niche providers are also developing specialized applications along these lines, such as mobile learning rapid tools."
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- India's Insurance Sector Undergoing Massive Digital Disruption
- Deep Learning To Spur Fraud Predictions By 2019
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish
- Are You A Cost Center Or A Profit Center?
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment