E-learning Offshoring to touch $603 million
The Indian e-learning offshoring industry is set to touch $603 million by 2012 according to a study by ValueNotes Outsourcing Practice.
Revenues from the Indian e-learning offshoring industry stand at approximately $ 341 million at the end of calendar year 2008.
While the economic recession will impact the growth in the industry for the next 6-8 quarters, the market will recoup and grow much faster, until 2012. Taking these factors into account, ValueNotes estimates suggest that the e-learning offshoring industry will grow at a CAGR of 15% till 2012, though growth will be more subdued till 2010.
Today, the Indian e-learning outsourcing industry consists of both, third-party providers and offshore delivery centers of international e-learning providers and consulting firms. Apart from pure-play e-learning firms, companies from fields such as IT, BPO, publishing and domestic retail education have made a foray into the market, mostly in the last decade. Given the fragmented nature of the Indian industry, ValueNotes estimates that there are no more than 35 e-learning providers who have more than 100 employees. There are well over a hundred other smaller providers in this space.
"While Indian e-learning providers have traditionally concentrated on low end outsourced work for international providers and end clients, they are now leveraging their position on the ‘e’-learning curve, says Reetika Joshi, analyst at ValueNotes. "Providers are building their capabilities to rival international standards in emerging technologies - with Web 2.0 applications, high tech learning environments, and tools to develop better, faster and economical learning. Small niche providers are also developing specialized applications along these lines, such as mobile learning rapid tools."
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018
- 10 Trends Redefining Enterprise IT Infrastructure
- How App Delivery Can Keep Pace With The Dynamic Market
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies