eBay India head quits
eBay’s India CEO, B Muralikrishnan, is demitting office after two years at the helm, to pursue “entrepreneurial” ambitions and will most likely be succeeded by a local Microsoft veteran, reports ZDnet.com.
In a statement released earlier this week, the online auction company said Muralikrishnan will be resigning from office in June after eight years with the company. On the same day, the executive broke the news to his 639 Twitter followers.
“After eight wonderful years at eBay, moving on by end of the quarter to pursue an entrepreneurial adventure,” he wrote on the microblogging service. “I will be looking at business ideas in the Internet and mobile space, feeding my passion to build great product experiences.”
Muralikrishnan will be replaced by Latif Nathani, whose previous 15 year-stint at Microsoft India included leading the consumer incubator unit which invested in mobile payments technology.
Murali joined eBay in 2005 and has held a variety of leadership roles in eBay India, most recently as Sr. Director - Marketing & Product Management. Murali was also responsible for building the eBay India brand and is focused on driving eCommerce trial amongst Indian internet users and fostering buyer engagement. He also headed Category Management and led the supply-side business unit at eBay India.
Nathani has 22 years of experience including a 15 year career at Microsoft and Symantec and most recently served as CEO of product strategy consulting firm. He has extensive expertise in building and leading high performance global business, engineering and marketing teams. He also led a consumer incubator for Microsoft India (including equity investments in mobile payments), headed Global Product Marketing for Symantec’s Norton business and was cofounder of eMemories.com
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- EdTech, FinTech To Transform Job Skilling In India: Experts
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations