EDS, Aviva Sign $1bn Data Center Services Pact
EDS, an HP company, and Aviva announced a 10-year, $1 billion (" 700 million) data center services contract to reduce Aviva s operational costs, improve information access and increase flexibility.
Under the terms of the agreement, EDS will transform and manage two data centers for Aviva, the world s fifth largest insurer. The data centers, located in
EDS will provide Aviva with data center modernization services as well as management for the insurance firm s mainframe, midrange and Windows servers. Approximately 300 Aviva employees will transfer to EDS to deliver these services.
The data center transformation will help Aviva increase efficiency, lower risk and reduce costs, said Bill Thomas, senior vice president for Europe, Middle East and
HP and Cisco will provide select tools, technologies and resources to EDS in support of Aviva.
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap