EDS, Aviva Sign $1bn Data Center Services Pact
EDS, an HP company, and Aviva announced a 10-year, $1 billion (" 700 million) data center services contract to reduce Aviva s operational costs, improve information access and increase flexibility.
Under the terms of the agreement, EDS will transform and manage two data centers for Aviva, the world s fifth largest insurer. The data centers, located in
EDS will provide Aviva with data center modernization services as well as management for the insurance firm s mainframe, midrange and Windows servers. Approximately 300 Aviva employees will transfer to EDS to deliver these services.
The data center transformation will help Aviva increase efficiency, lower risk and reduce costs, said Bill Thomas, senior vice president for Europe, Middle East and
HP and Cisco will provide select tools, technologies and resources to EDS in support of Aviva.
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study