EDS, Aviva Sign $1bn Data Center Services Pact
EDS, an HP company, and Aviva announced a 10-year, $1 billion (" 700 million) data center services contract to reduce Aviva s operational costs, improve information access and increase flexibility.
Under the terms of the agreement, EDS will transform and manage two data centers for Aviva, the world s fifth largest insurer. The data centers, located in
EDS will provide Aviva with data center modernization services as well as management for the insurance firm s mainframe, midrange and Windows servers. Approximately 300 Aviva employees will transfer to EDS to deliver these services.
The data center transformation will help Aviva increase efficiency, lower risk and reduce costs, said Bill Thomas, senior vice president for Europe, Middle East and
HP and Cisco will provide select tools, technologies and resources to EDS in support of Aviva.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Key Challenges For Infosys' New CEO Salil Parekh