EDS, Aviva Sign $1bn Data Center Services Pact
EDS, an HP company, and Aviva announced a 10-year, $1 billion (" 700 million) data center services contract to reduce Aviva s operational costs, improve information access and increase flexibility.
Under the terms of the agreement, EDS will transform and manage two data centers for Aviva, the world s fifth largest insurer. The data centers, located in
EDS will provide Aviva with data center modernization services as well as management for the insurance firm s mainframe, midrange and Windows servers. Approximately 300 Aviva employees will transfer to EDS to deliver these services.
The data center transformation will help Aviva increase efficiency, lower risk and reduce costs, said Bill Thomas, senior vice president for Europe, Middle East and
HP and Cisco will provide select tools, technologies and resources to EDS in support of Aviva.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report