Educomp, Pearson Enter Into 50:50 JV
Educomp Solutions, an education company, in a joint venture (JV) with Pearson will support vocational learning in India.
Under the agreement, Pearson will acquire a 50 per cent stake for $ 17.5 million in Educomp’s existing vocational training business.
The technology-based teaching products will be targeted to schools, e-learning initiatives, public-private partnerships with 14 state governments in India, as well as its nascent businesses in school management
India’s new government has identified not just employment but "employability" as a priority, and is committed to multiplying the supply and scope of appropriate skills training for its young and growing labour force, said the company in a press release.
The training will be backed by industry-standard certifications provided by Edexcel, Pearson’s market-leading qualifications and accreditation arm, according to a press release
- Educomp responds to CXO Today’s article
- Can Educomp regain its past 'glory'?
- Educomp to implement ICT project in 540 Maharashtra government schools
- Assam Enters Into Rs. 120cr Pact With Educomp
- Dell Foundation Selects Educomp for Gayan Shakti
- Fraud Allegations are Rumors: Educomp
- Educomp Complains Against Malicious Rumors
- Educomp Accounts to be Probed
- Dell Foundation Signs Educomp to Transform School