eJurix e-nables Legal Community
Computerized law information solutions pioneer Spectrum Business Support Ltd, has launched eJurix, a web and PDA enabled law information retrieval service.
eJurix, an extensive collection of law information in India, covers more than 2,50,000 full text judgments equivalent to 2,500 bound volumes or 1.2 million pages. It offers all Supreme Court, High court and tribunal decisions reported till now for the modules covered.
Supreme Court Judges Justice B N. Srikrishna, and Justice (retd) S N. Variava launched the web version of the service, with Supreme Court Judge Justice K G. Balakrishnan as the chief guest.
It is priced at Rs5000 per quarter (taxes extra) for unlimited use. Payments can be made via DD, credit card or cheque.
Using the internet based service, searches can be made using Wordminer - Spectrum’s proprietary search engine - on text, subject, section-act, title, keywords, statutes, quorum of judges, court name, dates etc. It also offers extracts surrounding search parameter, thereby offering compact and relevant results and minimum reading content.
One can even make a combination search - using a keyword and a vertical. It is also possible to attach notes to searches, save searches, and even make searches on the notes. One can even download tamperproof PDF documents and print them (not applicable for PDA’s).
eJurix offers full text of judgments of appropriate Quasi-judicial bodies, High courts and the Supreme Court of India, from 1950, besides basic information - acts, rules and regulations, and notifications & circulars issued by law enforcement agencies.
Spectrum has previously offered GrandJurix back in 1988, a CD and DVD compendium of more than 2,50,000 judgments covering more than 1.2 million pages, reaching in excess of 10,000 users which included the Supreme court and six high courts.
- 20 Key Milestones In India's Net Neutrality Journey
- Microsoft, AWS Fly High As More Firms Look Cloud-Ready
- Big Data Challenges Aren't New, But Solutions Are
- Dealing With Data Security On Cloud
- Why Digital India Will Reach Greater Heights In 2016
- "M-payments To Form 10% Of Total Payments In India"
- Nokia Closes $17 Bn Alcatel-Lucent Deal
- New Opportunities In Transaction Banking
- 4G To Boost Advertsing Industry by 15% In 2016
- Big Data, A Game-Changer for Recruiters