Electronics, semiconductor summit kicks off in Bangalore
The IESA Vision Summit 2013, the annual industry conclave of the India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA), a trade body representing the Indian Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) and Semiconductor industry began today in Bangalore. This annual two-day event brought together industry leaders, government representatives and academia from around the world, to discuss and share their share their views on the way ahead to establish India’s leadership and self-sufficiency in electronics.
“I don’t see why India with all the required talent cannot develop the required consumption of electronics products, right here in our country, not just to meet domestic requirements, but also to serve global markets. Conducive policy and infrastructure are falling into place, setting the stage for India to take her rightful place in a global industry,” said T V Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Manipal Global Education.
Satya Gupta, Chairman, India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) said the electronics and semiconductor products are essential to the growth of the ESDM Industry. In the context of the recently released ISA-F&S Report on ESDM, the IESA’s immediate focus for the next three years is to Increase the percentage of domestically manufactured products to at least 50% from the current, less than 35% and facilitate the growth of at least 25 new fabless semiconductor start-ups.”
“The new charter of the IESA is both broadening and deepening the reach of the organization. IESA has further deepened our reach with our connect with the four states of Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal whose Secretaries IT and Industries have honored us with their presence here today. We will broaden our horizons by continuing to focus on international collaborations, all to smoothen the way for Indian electronics companies to compete in the international market,” said P V G Menon, President, IESA.
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC
- Why IT Pros Must Learn New Era Tech To Stay Relevant
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 5-9)
- Epicor To Expands Its Workforce In India By 25 pc
- Open Source Turns 20: Digital India Sets To Gain