Electronics, semiconductor summit kicks off in Bangalore
The IESA Vision Summit 2013, the annual industry conclave of the India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA), a trade body representing the Indian Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) and Semiconductor industry began today in Bangalore. This annual two-day event brought together industry leaders, government representatives and academia from around the world, to discuss and share their share their views on the way ahead to establish India’s leadership and self-sufficiency in electronics.
“I don’t see why India with all the required talent cannot develop the required consumption of electronics products, right here in our country, not just to meet domestic requirements, but also to serve global markets. Conducive policy and infrastructure are falling into place, setting the stage for India to take her rightful place in a global industry,” said T V Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Manipal Global Education.
Satya Gupta, Chairman, India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) said the electronics and semiconductor products are essential to the growth of the ESDM Industry. In the context of the recently released ISA-F&S Report on ESDM, the IESA’s immediate focus for the next three years is to Increase the percentage of domestically manufactured products to at least 50% from the current, less than 35% and facilitate the growth of at least 25 new fabless semiconductor start-ups.”
“The new charter of the IESA is both broadening and deepening the reach of the organization. IESA has further deepened our reach with our connect with the four states of Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal whose Secretaries IT and Industries have honored us with their presence here today. We will broaden our horizons by continuing to focus on international collaborations, all to smoothen the way for Indian electronics companies to compete in the international market,” said P V G Menon, President, IESA.
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn