EMC CTO Niranjan Thirumale Joins VMware
Global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, VMware announced key changes to its R&D leadership team in India with the appointment of Niranjan Thirumale as Vice President and Managing Site Director, R&D, India. Niranjan Thirumale succeeds Niranjan Maka, who has moved to the company’s headquarters at Palo Alto, California to head VMware’s global R&D sites.
Niranjan Thirumale joins VMware from EMC, where he last served as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the EMC India Center of Excellence (CoE). At EMC, he led innovation across the products, solutions and services portfolio.
A seasoned industry veteran with over 20 years of experience, Niranjan has previously held senior leadership roles with NetApp and IBM. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from IIT-Madras, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from the State University of New York, Stony Brook.
“India is a large location in our global R&D presence” said Niranjan Maka, vice president, Global Sites (R&D), VMware. “Niranjan’s appointment brings in a strong industry leader to strengthen VMware’s leadership in India as we grow in scale and capabilities. He will lead the India R&D teams and VMware aims to capitalize on the opportunities the Mobile-Cloud era offers us, in addition to the rich ecosystem of partners and the extended technology community in India.”
Earlier this year, VMware inaugurated its 438,000-square foot facility in South Bangalore –a total investment of US$120 million, representing the company’s commitment to staying at the forefront of technological innovation and evolving the business structure to serve customers locally and globally. VMware has over 3,300 employees in India.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?