EMC Firms Up Data Protection for Software-Defined Centers
EMC has unveiled a new set of products and technologies to address the new concerns and emerging requirements in digital world that is increasingly moving towards Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud technologies. The new data protection-as-a-service solutions will also address the challenge of transitioning to software-defined data centers.
Speaking at the launch, Surajit Sen, Country Manager – Data Protection & Availability Division – EMC India & SAARC said, “There are two clear shifts underway within Indian enterprises. First, the capex based IT infrastructure investment model is shifting to IT-as-a-service model shaping the software defined movement. Second, the changing cyber security and regulation landscape is putting pressure on enterprises to manage their Data or Information better. EMC is aiding enterprises address these need.”
“Delivery of data protection as-a-service, together with the ability to solve for the full ‘continuum’ of protection requirements and consolidate workloads to a single protection storage platform, presents strong underpinnings for EMC’s long-range vision for data protection in next generation IT environments,” says Jason Buffington, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group.
In software-defined data centers, infrastructure is virtualized and delivered as a service. To maintain effective protection during the transition to next generation environments, data protection strategies and technologies must also evolve to a service-based delivery model.
The data protection solutions seek to address the customers’ data protection needs, from archive to continuous availability for physical, virtual and cloud environments. These innovations will help drive new efficiencies into customer environments that are emerging today, while enabling enterprises to move towards software-defined data centers.
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report