EMC Firms Up Data Protection for Software-Defined Centers
EMC has unveiled a new set of products and technologies to address the new concerns and emerging requirements in digital world that is increasingly moving towards Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud technologies. The new data protection-as-a-service solutions will also address the challenge of transitioning to software-defined data centers.
Speaking at the launch, Surajit Sen, Country Manager – Data Protection & Availability Division – EMC India & SAARC said, “There are two clear shifts underway within Indian enterprises. First, the capex based IT infrastructure investment model is shifting to IT-as-a-service model shaping the software defined movement. Second, the changing cyber security and regulation landscape is putting pressure on enterprises to manage their Data or Information better. EMC is aiding enterprises address these need.”
“Delivery of data protection as-a-service, together with the ability to solve for the full ‘continuum’ of protection requirements and consolidate workloads to a single protection storage platform, presents strong underpinnings for EMC’s long-range vision for data protection in next generation IT environments,” says Jason Buffington, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group.
In software-defined data centers, infrastructure is virtualized and delivered as a service. To maintain effective protection during the transition to next generation environments, data protection strategies and technologies must also evolve to a service-based delivery model.
The data protection solutions seek to address the customers’ data protection needs, from archive to continuous availability for physical, virtual and cloud environments. These innovations will help drive new efficiencies into customer environments that are emerging today, while enabling enterprises to move towards software-defined data centers.
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Insurance Protection For An Autonomous World
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center