EMC, Microsoft Ally To Deliver ILM Solutions
EMC and Microsoft have announced a significant expansion of their alliance to further simplify the delivery of information lifecycle management (ILM) solutions for Microsoft application environments.
The two companies will work together to develop and deliver a portfolio of integrated solutions that will help to cost-effectively manage information on the Microsoft server platform.
The alliance will initially focus on the following three initiatives:
* Simplified Exchange Upgrade and Deployment Assessment, design and implementation services that enhance the Exchange Server 2003 collaboration architecture and accelerate the implementation and upgrade process.
* SQL Server 2005 Upgrade and Deployment Database design and implementation services to streamline customer upgrades to or new deployments of SQL Server 2005.
* Accelerated Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration Migration assessment, design and implementation services to help Lotus Notes customers migrate to Exchange Server 2003 on an optimized EMC information infrastructure.
Howard Elias, Executive VP, global marketing & corporate development, EMC said, “For years EMC and Microsoft have worked together to provide customers of all sizes with the best information management and storage solutions optimized for their Microsoft environments. Customers are asking for complete, more integrated solutions, including applications, infrastructure and services delivery expertise. With our strengthened alliance and EMC’s expanded Microsoft services practice, EMC and Microsoft are addressing this need.”
Bob Muglia, Sr. VP, Microsoft said, “EMC and Microsoft are enhancing the delivery of joint solutions by our skilled service professionals, and this commitment will enable customers to optimize their infrastructure with high-performance servers and applications.”
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- CIO Klub Chennai Chapter Marks Sixth anniversary
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure To Accelerate IT Transformation
- Top 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2018
- Journey Towards The Connected Enterprise In 2018
- Cloud War Intensifies; Alibaba Taps Indian Enterprises
- Apple India Names New Sales Head As Sanjay Kaul Quits
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel