EMC Offers Enhanced Data Protection Software
EMC Corporation, a player in information storage and management, has announced its latest EMC Legato NetWorker software enhancements, designed to help customers reduce complexity, speed recovery and increase reliability within their data protection environments.
Enhanced backup-to-disk capabilities, improved usability, and expanded application integration are some of the list of new features in Legato NetWorker.
Legato NetWorker expands application coverage with the introduction of the Networker Module for Documentum and extended support for VMware.
The NetWorker module ensures data consistency protection of critical Documentum assets and components, and is the only backup and recovery solution to disk or tape for Documentum.
In addition, the updated software allows for granular backup and recovery of all files within the virtual machines for VMware GSX Server and VMware ESX Server. It also offers application protection for Exchange, SQL and Oracle virtual servers, in or out of a Storage Area Network (SAN).
For the first time, Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) streams can now be multiplexed, cloned and staged to/from disk for increased data protection. In the past, backup via NDMP could only be performed to/from tape.
As a result, organizations can now receive backup to disk of NAS devices to any disk subsystem supported by Legato NetWorker, thus freeing customers from tape-centric processes for operational backup and restore to disk.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Flash Is Redefining The Way We Travel
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- Forget Prevention, Firms Struggle To Even Detect Cyber Threats