EMC Offers Enhanced Data Protection Software
EMC Corporation, a player in information storage and management, has announced its latest EMC Legato NetWorker software enhancements, designed to help customers reduce complexity, speed recovery and increase reliability within their data protection environments.
Enhanced backup-to-disk capabilities, improved usability, and expanded application integration are some of the list of new features in Legato NetWorker.
Legato NetWorker expands application coverage with the introduction of the Networker Module for Documentum and extended support for VMware.
The NetWorker module ensures data consistency protection of critical Documentum assets and components, and is the only backup and recovery solution to disk or tape for Documentum.
In addition, the updated software allows for granular backup and recovery of all files within the virtual machines for VMware GSX Server and VMware ESX Server. It also offers application protection for Exchange, SQL and Oracle virtual servers, in or out of a Storage Area Network (SAN).
For the first time, Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) streams can now be multiplexed, cloned and staged to/from disk for increased data protection. In the past, backup via NDMP could only be performed to/from tape.
As a result, organizations can now receive backup to disk of NAS devices to any disk subsystem supported by Legato NetWorker, thus freeing customers from tape-centric processes for operational backup and restore to disk.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Information Management Can Drive Digital Transformation Effort
- Data Fragmentation Causing Cost, Compliance Headaches For CDOs