EMC partners with PESIT for hybrid cloud research
EMC India Center of Excellence (COE) has recently partnered with the Center for Cloud Computing and Big Data at the Department of Computer Science of the PES Institute of Technology (PESIT), Bangalore, which will focus on developing new Hybrid cloud solutions for emerging business challenges.
The research engagement comes under EMC’s global research program – the EMC Innovation Network – and is the third research partnership EMC has undertaken in India. By collaborating with the university, EMC aims to develop new approaches in hybrid cloud infrastructure that can offer a higher value for the enterprise customer in terms of cost savings, service levels, and agility.
“Cloud computing has reached a higher level of maturity with its advanced infrastructure, software and service offerings. Deep research in this sector will further enable the market to realise the value of this technology. PESIT has demonstrated exceptional focus on Cloud, and EMC will be working with it specifically on Hybrid Cloud research,” said Niranjan Thirumale, Chief Technology Officer, EMC India Center of Excellence.
PESIT, Bangalore was identified by associating the research focus to the requirements of specific business units at EMC besides considering the presence of the Centre for Cloud Computing and Big Data (CCBD), college’s commitment to research, quality of technical talent of faculty and student levels, etc. Dr M.R. Doreswamy, MLC and founder Chairman of PES Institutions mentioned that through this partnership, the entities can solve current technological challenges and come up with solutions which can make an impact quickly on the cloud ecosystem.EMC aims to also further extend its research collaboration in India considerably, and establish strong engagements with Indian technical institutes that offer subject matter expertise and deep technical know-how on information infrastructure technologies.
EMC’s earlier partnerships with other premiere institutes include research on the analysis of unstructured data with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc), and research on information security with Amrita University, Coimbatore.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner