EMC Pushes The ILM Envelope
EMC has recently announced managed services portfolio, designed to help organizations improve storage operations and efficiently meet service levels associated with administering and storing information.
These new services can be seen as part of EMC’s information lifecycle management (ILM) mantra, which the company has been pushing for some time now.
“Our Managed Services portfolio provides a wide range of choices to help customers build, manage and maintain a healthy, efficient information infrastructure that supports their ILM strategy,” said Derrell James, Senior VP, Technology Solutions, EMC.
The EMC Managed Services portfolio includes EMC Residency Services, under which an EMC professional will be present onsite to help with daily storage operations and optimization of an information infrastructure for a certain pre-defined period of time. His routine work functions may include resource management storage provisioning, storage monitoring, weekly status reporting, trouble-shooting and resolution among other things.
The Managed Utility Service is slightly different as it combines onsite services with pay-as-you-grow asset procurement facility.
This is likely to enable customers to manage their expenses more effectively by allowing them to weigh their business needs against storage consumption and resources allotments. Here a customer is billed according to the actual storage consumption reported by an EMC tracking tool and the number of EMC pros deployed at a site.
The third offering in the portfolio is called EMC Storage Management Services (SMS) which provisions for an onsite presence of personnel to provide storage management support according to an agreed-upon service metrics.
The company has defined typical SMS engagements as one, which involves EMC personnel managing environments of more than 100 terabytes of storage capacity over a period of at least three years.
The above-mentioned services are available immediately to worldwide customers.
- Digital Transformation Remains A Confused 'Buzzword' To CXOs: Study
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Artificial Intelligence In Cybersecurity: A Paradigm Shift
- Why Digital Transformation Should Be No. 1 Priority For CEOs
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions