EMC Redefines Midrange Storage
EMC Corporation has introduced changes in midrange storage performance, scalability and economics with its EMC CLARiiON UltraScale architecture and CX3 series of networked storage systems.
CX3 UltraScale series is designed to support customers’ information lifecycle management (ILM) strategies by enabling consolidation of tiers of information for a single array. EMC-developed CLARiiON UltraScale architecture builds on this, which EMC claims is the storage industry’s first platform with end-to-end 4 gigabit-per-second (Gb/s) Fibre Channel technology.
The UltraScale architecture features upto double the performance of its predecessor and can enable customers to consolidate workload of two competitive systems on a single new CLARiiON CX3 system. It redefines midrange storage economics by allowing customers to seamlessly upgrade from previous generations of CLARiiON, run existing management and protection software and scale single system capacity and performance up to 239 terabytes (TBs).
The architecture supports high-speed 2 and 4Gb/s Fibre Channel disk drives as well as high-capacity 2Gb/s Low-Cost Fibre Channel (LC/FC) disk drives for flexibility, which enables consolidation of multiple information and storage tiers on a single array.
The features of the architecture include:
* Application Performance: It is the first midrange storage architecture to accelerate 4Gb/s scalability and data throughput with native multi-lane PCI Express interconnect technology.
* Central processing units (CPUs: Up to 16 gigabytes of memory and low-latency, high-bandwidth 4Gb/s host and disk interfaces. It is also capable of replicating data up to 30% faster using EMC SnapView, EMC MirrorView and EMC SAN Copy software.
* Ease-of-Use Capabilities: The architecture simplifies customer and partner replacement of disk drives, power supplies, cooling fans and small form-factor pluggable optical transceivers.
CLARiiON CX3-40 claims to outperform the competitors’ largest midrange arrays. It is ideal for mail/ messaging, heavy databases, transactional workloads, bandwidth applications, video streaming and remote replication. It supports 2Gb/s LC/FC disk drives, 2Gb/s Fibre Channel disk drives and 4Gb/s Fibre Channel disk drives in the same system, scale up to 119TB and supports 128 high-availability hosts.
CLARiiON CX3-80 is ideal for tiered storage, backup-to-disk and data warehousing. It supports 2Gb/s LC/FC disk drives, 2Gb/s & 4Gb/s Fibre Channel disk drives in the same system, scales up to 239TB and supports 256 high-availability hosts. UltraScale CX3-20, CX3-40 and CX3-80 models are available immediately.
- Columbia Asia Hospital Goes Digital On Patient Engagement
- New Report Details Serious Cybersecurity Issues In The Digital Era
- Enterprise Architecture: What IT Leaders Should Know
- How Big Data Analytics Can Offer Exciting Opportunities
- Unistal Brings Security Solutions For Oil & Gas Enterprises
- Leveraging Blockchain To Boost Cybersecurity In Fintech
- Every CISO's Security Mantra In The Cloud Environment
- Friends Studio Gets Speedier, Better With NAS Implementation
- Six Things SMBs Should Know Before Buying NAS Devices
- Autonomous Cloud: A Step Closer To Finding Business Utopia