EMC Unveils Storage Mgmt Solution
EMC Corporation recently announced its Storage Administrator for Exchange, a software for mid-sized enterprises (MSEs) and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs). The offering simplifies Microsoft Exchange Server storage administration tasks and improves e-mail availability when deployed on CLARiiON AX and CX series’ networked storage systems.
EMC Storage Administrator for Exchange, a plug-in to the Microsoft Exchange System Manager interface, allows customers to manage e-mail, migrate data and manage SAN storage from within the same software tool.
For example, users can input Exchange requirements such as mailbox numbers, user quotas, and expected growth via the familiar Exchange System Manager interface. The software then automatically creates the storage configuration and expands capacity as the requirements of Exchange Server increase. All configuration and layout decisions are based on Microsoft and EMC best practices.
In the event of a server failure, EMC Storage Administrator for Exchange can reassign storage groups from a failed server to an active server with just a few mouse clicks. This provides quick recovery from an Exchange Server outage.
Administrators can automatically move Exchange 2000 Server storage groups to Exchange Server 2003 and attach them to EMC CLARiiON networked storage systems via EMC Storage Administrator for Exchange. Databases, logs, and system files are migrated in one simple operation, and database consistency is validated before and after the operation is complete. This point-and-click approach streamlines the migration process and reduces the risk of errors when upgrading to Exchange Server 2003.
The software is ideal for organizations that manage up to 3,000 Exchange mailboxes and have or will implement networked storage, and for those upgrading to Exchange Server 2003.
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Women Hold Just One in Five Sales Leadership Positions
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- Hybrid Cloud Deployment Leads To Massive Cost Savings: Study