Emerson Bids for Data Centre Scheme Projects
After having completed three State Wide Area Network (SWAN) projects, Emerson Network Power, a global player in enabling business-critical continuity, is now bidding for the State Data Centre Scheme (SDCS) projects across the country.
The scheme has an outlay of about Rs 160 crore, which includes both capital and operational expenses for a period of five years.
Talking to CXOtoday, PC Venugopal, senior director (Business Development), Karnataka & Kerala, Emerson Network Power, said, Our success in the SWAN projects has led us to bid for the SDCS across the country as well. In fact, the bidding process has already started with Tripura and Pondicherry.
Emerson delivers mission-critical power and cooling technology for business continuity and high-availability access to data and network applications.
We provide solutions on the passive side to the datacentres including power, precision cooling, racks, UPS, fire alarms, false floor, diesel generators, pest repellent, etc. On the hardware and software side, Emerson partners with various companies like IBM, HP, Wipro to give a complete datacentre solutions to customers, said Venugopal.
SDCS will enable states and UTs to set up highly reliable and robust, shared and secure infrastructure to host state-level e-governance applications to deliver government-to-government (G2G), government-to-citizen (G2C) and government-to-business (G2B) services electronically.
Earlier, last year, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the SDCS for establishing datacentres across all states and UTs. The SDCS is a part of the core infrastructure for the national e-governance plan. The centre will provide technical and financial support to the states and UTs for setting up centres.
In the time of recession, some sectors like telecom and government are untouched and so we would continue to concentrate on these segments, he said.
Emerson has vast experience in datacentres and has completed about 70 dataentre projects in the country. In fact, on the SWAN front, Emerson has completed projects in Karnataka, Kerala and Orissa.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- How Brands Can Modernize Customer Engagement
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone