Emerson, IBM join forces to boost datacenter efficiency
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson, today announced that it will combine the capabilities of its TrellisTM platform with IBM IT service management (ITSM) software to optimize the management of datacenter resources. This integrated Datacenter Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution is expected to deliver increased energy and operational efficiency and improved IT service delivery.
DCIM is a component for businesses that have high quality of service demands for information technologies and need to scale quickly. An estimated $ 450 million market today, DCIM is expected to grow to $1.7 billion by 2016, according to industry analyst firm Gartner.
Emerson customer Brocade, is one of many IT-intensive businesses struggling to solve growth-related infrastructure challenges. The company recognizes the value of combining DCIM and ITSM capabilities in providing information and metrics to support the strategic resource allocation and investment required to meet future needs.
“Do more with less is a standard operating policy in IT and datacenter environments. At the same time, the mix of physical and virtual assets is growing exponentially,” said Valery Sokolov, senior manager, Engineering Lab Services, Brocade. “Because of these trends, there is a real business case for tools and applications that will provide the visibility and metrics required to manage IT resources and facilities provisioning efficiently and productively. This is where DCIM and ITSM applications become critical to provide the data required to achieve that goal, as well as to plan and model growth,” she added.
The combined capabilities of both companies is also meant to help datacenter managers understand the true costs of running an application with metrics like watts per workload, calculate its resource demands in real-time, and dynamically provision physical and logical resources to support the application efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security