Emerson, Joyent to provide industrialized cloud services
Emerson Network Power has partnered with Joyent to address the need for industrialized cloud services. The resultant solution will combine Joyent’s software-defined data center suite SmartDatacenter with Emerson’s Trellis platform for DCIM.
Built partially with Joyent’s Node.js runtime, the Trellis platform runs on the Joyent cloud today. By integrating the Trellis platform into its cloud management stack, Joyent will be able to improve ease of use, industrialization, efficiency and sustainability for customers of its cloud services. The Trellis platform will become a tightly integrated component of the Joyent Smartdatacenter. The commercialization of this fully integrated, standardized solution is planned for the first half of 2013.
“Our partnership will enable us to offer a unique, tightly integrated, modular, highly efficient solution that optimizes the entire infrastructure based on the energy consumption of application workloads,” said Jason Hoffman, founder and CTO of Joyent.
Combining Emerson Network Power’s critical infrastructure insight through the Trellis platform with Joyent’s orchestration layer, the two companies will be able to track the energy consumption of virtual workloads and the impact each virtual workload has on the physical infrastructure.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- Fog Computing Market To Cross USD 700 Mn By 2024
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security