Emerson launches Trellis DCIM platform
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR) and an enabler of business-critical continuity, introduced Trellis, an integrated, single-information-source data center infrastructure management (DCIM) platform. The platform is meant to bridge the gap between a data center’s IT equipment and facilities infrastructure.
The Trellis infrastructure optimization platform is a family of hardware, software and services designed to manage the dynamic nature and requirements of the infrastructure holistically from a central ‘source of truth’.
“Organizations today lack visibility into the impact of virtualization and the deployment of high-density servers on the physical infrastructure, and that keeps them from utilizing the full capacity of their equipment. We intend to provide that visibility along with the tools to manage and optimize changes to the physical infrastructure,” noted Steve Hassell, president, Avocent business of Emerson Network Power.
The platform will increase capacity utilization by providing visibility into and control over integration and collaboration between the physical and IT infrastructure layers—what Emerson calls dynamic infrastructure optimization—eliminating the need for guesswork that necessitates a power system capacity ‘buffer’, informed the company.
The Trellis platform brings together the functionalities of Emerson’s existing Aperture, Avocent and Liebert DCIM solutions and is expected to be available by Q4 2011 with subsequent modules rolling out over the following 12 to 18 months.
Emerson states that customers can implement any of its existing hardware or software solutions, which will either migrate or integrate, as appropriate, with the Trellis platform.
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- How Big Data Is Changing The Media Industry
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- How Big Data Analytics Is Changing The Face Of Recruitment
- Is Your Data Hackproof?
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- Rapid Innovation Puts Customer Experience At Risk: Study
- When Hackers Are Smart, Businesses Should Get Smarter