Emerson Network Power releases data center planner
Emerson Network Power, a subsidiary of Emerson (NYSE: EMR) has introduced Avocent data center planner, a visual infrastructure planning and management software solution within Emerson Network Power’s strategic framework for data center optimization.
An upgrade to the former Avocent Mergepoint Infrastructure Explorer, Avocent Data Center Planner provides data center management with accurate and complete information.
“Avocent data center planner gives data center managers a system of record for the physical equipment in the data center (location, space, rack power, connectivity and network). This core capability is the basis for all other processes and functions within the solution and enables the efficient use resources and supports optimization of the data center infrastructure,” commented Blake Carlson, VP - product management of the Avocent products and services business of Emerson Network Power.
According to the company, this latest data center infrastructure management solution enables IT users to improve energy efficiency through the visualization of data center growth. The rack timeline capabilities offer insight into exactly when and how rack capacity will be impacted by changes over time. Data center managers can know “at a glance” the current and future capacities within a rack.
“Enhancing our datacenter cooling and power solutions with the ability to access performance information of physical infrastructure has created a robust combination for the Indian market. Avocent data center planner will allow us to add value to our customers’ business by enhancing energy and operational efficiency while improving availability,” commented Sandeep Nair, MD and president, Emerson Network Power in India.
Extending the global reach and breadth of Emerson Network Power’s data center infrastructure management solutions, Avocent Data Center Planner offers localization support for Japanese, Chinese, German, Russian and French.
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- How Is Data Masking Done?
- For AWS, Artificial Intelligence Is The Way Forward