Emerson Network Power releases data center planner
Emerson Network Power, a subsidiary of Emerson (NYSE: EMR) has introduced Avocent data center planner, a visual infrastructure planning and management software solution within Emerson Network Power’s strategic framework for data center optimization.
An upgrade to the former Avocent Mergepoint Infrastructure Explorer, Avocent Data Center Planner provides data center management with accurate and complete information.
“Avocent data center planner gives data center managers a system of record for the physical equipment in the data center (location, space, rack power, connectivity and network). This core capability is the basis for all other processes and functions within the solution and enables the efficient use resources and supports optimization of the data center infrastructure,” commented Blake Carlson, VP - product management of the Avocent products and services business of Emerson Network Power.
According to the company, this latest data center infrastructure management solution enables IT users to improve energy efficiency through the visualization of data center growth. The rack timeline capabilities offer insight into exactly when and how rack capacity will be impacted by changes over time. Data center managers can know “at a glance” the current and future capacities within a rack.
“Enhancing our datacenter cooling and power solutions with the ability to access performance information of physical infrastructure has created a robust combination for the Indian market. Avocent data center planner will allow us to add value to our customers’ business by enhancing energy and operational efficiency while improving availability,” commented Sandeep Nair, MD and president, Emerson Network Power in India.
Extending the global reach and breadth of Emerson Network Power’s data center infrastructure management solutions, Avocent Data Center Planner offers localization support for Japanese, Chinese, German, Russian and French.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation