Emerson's Sunil Khanna To Help Rebuild Maharashtra
Sunil Khanna, president and managing director of Emerson Network Power (India) and IT veteran, has been elected as chairman of the CII Maharashtra State Council. With his election, the CII State Council also unveiled the theme for 2016-17: “Building Maharashtra: Innovation, Integration and Investments for the State.”
“Manufacturing in Maharashtra is getting a greater focus than ever before, thanks to Prime Minister Modi’s Make in India initiative and the Chief Minister’s announced goals this year to enhance ease of doing business in the state,” said Khanna. “As CII chairman, I will be working to transform Maharashtra into a global manufacturing hub with a special thrust on ease of doing business, innovation, integration and investments.”
Khanna previously served as the vice chairman of the CII Maharashtra State Council and was a member of the CII national executive between 2008-2009. He is also a founding member of the Automation Industry Association, where he served as its president from 2008-2010.
Khanna has led Emerson Network Power India since September 2012, and prior to that worked at Emerson Process Management India for seven years, including five years as its managing director. He has more than 30 years of experience in the industrial and IT sectors with various companies. He also has vast international work experience from his postings in Singapore, Indonesia, UK and USA.
Khanna holds a Master of Technology degree in electrical engineering from IIT Kanpur and a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering from IIT-BHU, Varanasi. He is also a graduate of the Emerson Leadership Program.
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story