Emerson's Sunil Khanna To Help Rebuild Maharashtra
Sunil Khanna, president and managing director of Emerson Network Power (India) and IT veteran, has been elected as chairman of the CII Maharashtra State Council. With his election, the CII State Council also unveiled the theme for 2016-17: “Building Maharashtra: Innovation, Integration and Investments for the State.”
“Manufacturing in Maharashtra is getting a greater focus than ever before, thanks to Prime Minister Modi’s Make in India initiative and the Chief Minister’s announced goals this year to enhance ease of doing business in the state,” said Khanna. “As CII chairman, I will be working to transform Maharashtra into a global manufacturing hub with a special thrust on ease of doing business, innovation, integration and investments.”
Khanna previously served as the vice chairman of the CII Maharashtra State Council and was a member of the CII national executive between 2008-2009. He is also a founding member of the Automation Industry Association, where he served as its president from 2008-2010.
Khanna has led Emerson Network Power India since September 2012, and prior to that worked at Emerson Process Management India for seven years, including five years as its managing director. He has more than 30 years of experience in the industrial and IT sectors with various companies. He also has vast international work experience from his postings in Singapore, Indonesia, UK and USA.
Khanna holds a Master of Technology degree in electrical engineering from IIT Kanpur and a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering from IIT-BHU, Varanasi. He is also a graduate of the Emerson Leadership Program.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Machine Learning Can Generate Faster, Precise Prescriptions
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security