Employee motivation, top priority for CXOs
Motivation of employees is regarded as the highest priority area for CXOs, ahead of leadership and strategic thinking, according to a new report released by consultant firm Blue Steps, a service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC). The survey was conducted in October 2013 involved senior executives from across the world in the industrial, technology and manufacturing sectors.
The survey reveals that 33% in the senior management believe people motivation was the top priority for their organization. Leadership comes next closely followed by strategic thinking at 22% and 21% respectively. Domain knowledge and communication are also important priorities for top management to include as part of their business strategy.
The study highlighted that CXOs working in the industrial and manufacturing sector stated their top business concern is pressure placed on profitability and cost reduction as stated by nearly 28%, followed by finding and attracting qualified talent and economy concerns.
According to the Blue Steps study, the top three factors top management believes will impact the organizational growth in the next one year. These included cost reduction as agreed by nearly half the CXOs surveyed. Other important factors include human resource planning and automation.
As far as the key career management issues are concerned, the senior-level executives stated that finding new career opportunities, career growth and stagnation continue to be deterrents in the growth of organizations.
“Leadership and inspiring teams are critical for organizations’ success, particularly in an era when the ‘new normal’ means perpetually operating leaner,” says Peter Felix, president of AESC. He mentions that accordingly, cost reduction and management of human capital make up more than three quarters of leadership concerns and these are areas that need constant attention.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How Does The CEO Become A CEO?
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Study Shows 'Self-Reflection' Can Be CEO's Success Mantra
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively