Employee motivation, top priority for CXOs
Motivation of employees is regarded as the highest priority area for CXOs, ahead of leadership and strategic thinking, according to a new report released by consultant firm Blue Steps, a service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC). The survey was conducted in October 2013 involved senior executives from across the world in the industrial, technology and manufacturing sectors.
The survey reveals that 33% in the senior management believe people motivation was the top priority for their organization. Leadership comes next closely followed by strategic thinking at 22% and 21% respectively. Domain knowledge and communication are also important priorities for top management to include as part of their business strategy.
The study highlighted that CXOs working in the industrial and manufacturing sector stated their top business concern is pressure placed on profitability and cost reduction as stated by nearly 28%, followed by finding and attracting qualified talent and economy concerns.
According to the Blue Steps study, the top three factors top management believes will impact the organizational growth in the next one year. These included cost reduction as agreed by nearly half the CXOs surveyed. Other important factors include human resource planning and automation.
As far as the key career management issues are concerned, the senior-level executives stated that finding new career opportunities, career growth and stagnation continue to be deterrents in the growth of organizations.
“Leadership and inspiring teams are critical for organizations’ success, particularly in an era when the ‘new normal’ means perpetually operating leaner,” says Peter Felix, president of AESC. He mentions that accordingly, cost reduction and management of human capital make up more than three quarters of leadership concerns and these are areas that need constant attention.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- Forget Prevention, Firms Struggle To Even Detect Cyber Threats