Employees value job profile and brand more than pay package
Those who think a heavy pay package is the key motivating factor in their employment, they need to rethink! A recent survey shows that aspirants give more value to their job profile and the brand image of the organization in comparison to their salaries. When it comes to IT firms, Firstnaukri.com, a portal for campus hiring in its survey found out that engineering students prefer TCS, Infosys and IBM to others.
The findings are based on questions e-mailed to jobseekers registered with the job portal. It covered job seekers including BE/B.Tech, BBA, BCA, B.Sc, non-IT engineers, finance and computer science graduates and post-graduate students.
“Infosys, TCS and IBM still remain the big giants in campus placements for IT students. It is interesting to note that the students are keener for a good job profile rather than a fat salary package,” said Deepali Singh, Business Head at Firstnaukri.com to TOI.For non-IT engineers, the Defence Research and Development Organizantion (DRDO) and L&T are the most preferred brands, followed by Tata Motors and Tata Steel, the report said and for MBA and MCA students, it said that Coca-Cola and Bharti Airtel, Pepsi and Samsung emerged as the preferred companies.
Experts believe that brand matters a lot to aspirants as they believe when the company is renowned, it generally provides them the job security as well as a good work environment. Employers are also increasingly observing that although salary is useful to move hirelings, it is not the most important factor in motivating employees because job autonomy, job security and appreciation for work done are significant. Some others believe a flexible work approach also attracts candidates to a company people are willing to improve work efficiency and fulfill other liabilities significantly.
- Data Tariff Cuts May Drive Telcos' Volumes
- Reliance Jio’s 4G Fever To Continue For Smartphones
- Facebook's Long-term VR Ambitions With Oculus Continues
- 4G Price War: It's Reliance Jio Vs. The Others
- Nectar’s Redeemable Coupons To Enhance E-shopping Experience
- ‘Happy Hours’ To Benefit Airtel Pre-Paid Customers And App Developers
- Demand For Senior Talent Heats Up In Corporates: RecruiteX
- Telcos To Spend INR 1 Trillion On Spectrum
- Airtel Deploys BI Platform To Gain Customer Insight
- One Year On, What's Plaguing Digital India's Success?