Engineered Systems Steering Oracle’s Growth In India
Oracle is seeing rapid adoption of its engineered systems in India. A large percentage of new customer wins came from competitor replacements, is making the company a preferred vendor in this category in India, Oracle said in a statement.
Oracle’s portfolio of engineered systems includes Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Oracle SuperCluster, Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Database Appliance, Oracle Big Data Appliance and the new Virtual Compute Appliance.
The growth in India is aligned with Oracle’s global leadership in Integrated Platform Systems. Oracle’s global system integrator (SI) partners and OPN members in India have also contributed to this growth.
“Oracle’s philosophy, when we debuted engineered systems, was to simplify IT for our customers, and we are seeing that pay off,” said Venkatesh Krishnan, Vice President, Technology Business, Oracle India. “Our engineered systems customers are seeing 10x improvements in their businesses,” he says adding that this is an area that’s expected to witness experiencing phenomenal demand and growth globally as well as in India in the coming years too.
Research firm IDC too has positioned Oracle as the largest supplier of Integrated Platform Systems with a 48.0% market revenue share worldwide. Oracle emerged as a leader by displaying 24% growth in its integrated platform system revenue, above the market growth of 8.3%.
Organizations such as HDFC Bank, HDFC Securities, Axis Bank, LIC Housing Finance, AP State Data Center, Tech Mahindra, Godfrey Phillips, Reliance Commercial Finance, Accelya Kale, Cognizant, Infosys, Comviva Technologies, HighMark Credit Information Services, Magma Fincorp, are some Indian firms that will be implementing, or have re-invested in or replaced competitors’ integrated platform systems with those from Oracle, said the statement.
In addition to this, the company has witnessed an uptake of Oracle Platinum Services by Indian customers using engineered systems. With Oracle Platinum Services, in addition to receiving the complete support essentials, Oracle Premier Support qualifying customers in India are also receiving 24×7 remote fault monitoring; industry leading response time and patch deployment - at no additional cost.As a result of rapid growth and demand for Oracle engineered systems in India, global system integrators and OPN members such as HCL Technologies, Cognizant, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Softcell, Atos, among others, continue to actively resell, distribute and implement Oracle engineered systems in India.
Oracle has devised a four-pronged growth strategy for its engineered systems business in India, given the heightened demand for such powerful systems and customers’ confidence in delivery of unbeatable performance, says Krishnan. These include:
- Offer engineered systems for creating cloud services
- Continue to focus on supporting organisations in the private and public sector as they look at innovative ways to improve efficiencies of their datacenter
- Replace competing vendors’ systems given the unbeatable performance customers have seen with Oracle systems over similar competing systems available in the market
- Spread the reach of engineered systems into high growth cities (tier II & tier III markets) as part of its geo-expansion strategy. There is a high demand for engineered systems among midsize companies as they look at business expansion and growth
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation