Enterprise MCM subscribers to cross 110 million by 2018
The subscribers of enterprise mobile content management (MCM) solutions will grow at double-digit rates to over 110 million by 2018. Smartphone subscribers of MCM will grow at a modest 12 percent Year-on-Year, whereas corporate-liable tablet subscribers will grow 21 percent over the next five years, reported ABI Research in its new study. North America and Western Europe are the largest subscribing markets; Asia Pacific will stay in the number three position throughout the forecast period but grow nearly twice as fast as the regional leaders.
“As the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) phenomenon becomes more widely accepted within enterprises, more corporate content is being placed in the cloud using consumer-grade storage solutions. As such, more corporate content is susceptible to leakage and theft, placing a higher need on mobile content security and protection,” said Jason McNicol, senior analyst for enterprise at ABI Research. “This threat is driving enterprises to add a mobile content management solution to the enterprise’s overall mobile strategy.”
For those enterprises seeking a mobile content solution, the difficulty lies in selecting a content vendor. There are currently three supplier segments offering solutions:
The first group is basic cloud storage and protection (i.e., box, Dropbox, Cubby). The second group is content specific solution providers (i.e., Content Raven, Watchdox) whose sole business model is focused on content security. The third and final group is Enterprise Mobility Management providers (i.e., AirWatch, Citrix, Good Technologies, SOTI) who provide content management solutions to complement a broader mobility support services portfolio.
“MCM is yet another solution in an already complex enterprise mobility marketplace,” added McNicol. “The key challenge and opportunity is integration of MCM into enterprise infrastructure to address IT security needs while also ensuring a good user experience from the mobile device.”
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- Indians Lack Awareness Of Malicious Cryptomining: Study
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining