IT Networking Market In India Set To Grow
India’s IT networking industry has witnessed significant changes in the last few years. With the growing number of internet subscribers, growth in the mid-market segment, enhanced telecom infrastructure and growing market for BYOD have accelerated the router market in the country. According to a new 6Wresearch, India’s commercial and enterprise router market reached 1.15 million unit shipments in Q3 2014, registering 7 percent YoY growth.
While Cisco captured the majority of the market share in the enterprise segment, TP-Link emerged as the market leader in commercial router segment. TP-Link and D-Link accounted more than 40 percent of the market share in India’s commercial router market during the period.
“Increasing demand for multiple capable devices for supporting VPN, load balance, 3G/4G services have fuelled growth of the Indian enterprise router segment. In addition, in commercial router segment, WLAN routers captured around 90 percent share of the market,” according to the research firm.
“Network oriented devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets have emerged as the key drivers for the growth of the India’s commercial router market. Additionally, introduction of video surveillance applications and free Wi-Fi zone along with technological upgrades is further boosting the growth of India commercial router market,” said Anuj Mehrotra, research analyst, 6Wresearch India-Electronics Division.
He added that growing IT spending and increasing government initiatives would fuel growth of the India enterprise router market over the coming quarters,” Mehrotra added.
The industry players are continuously expanding and innovating their product portfolio to adapt to the technological changes and cater to the growing consumer needs. The Indian market has witnessed an increasing demand for dual band Wi-Fi, sleek design, 3G/4G connectivity and smart routers. Experts believe that the latest partnership between O-Zone, a Wi-Fi service provider and Ericsson to set-up 30,000 Wi-Fi hotspots in India would further catalyze the growth of router market in the country in the coming months.
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise