Enterprises still cautious in implementing APM SaaS
A majority of organizations are taking a cautious approach when it comes to deploying application performance management as a software service or APM SaaS, according to a recent report by CA Technologies.
As per the report, even though APM SaaS as a concept gathered momentum in the enterprise segment, its adoption rate is expected to increase in 2013 driven by in comprehensive, full-featured APM SaaS solutions, application complexity, and the DevOps method with the help of which organizations can rapidly produce software products and services.
The research found that nearly 61 percent of the respondents have no plans to implement APM SaaS. Even though 24 percent have leveraged APM SaaS in some capacity, only 4 percent have hired a specialized vendor to monitor all of their critical applications, stating they are more comfortable with managed services.
“We believe one reason for cautious adoption is that many APM SaaS offerings are limited in functionality and therefore don’t meet the needs of the enterprise,” said Mike Sargent, General Manager, Enterprise Management at CA Technologies. According to him, the ability to proactively identify issues and rapidly diagnose root causes is where the value is, and today’s APM SaaS offerings don’t provide this level of capability.
On the brighter side, however, nearly 15 percent of respondents plan to implement APM SaaS within the next year, noted the study. It stated that over 50 percent enterprises are planning to deliver it through their managed service provider. the study also revealed that adoption of on-premise APM as well as APM SaaS is expected to rise as the DevOps techniques and usage begin to mature.
“We recommend organizations evaluating APM products to ensure they are well suited to the needs and capabilities of both pre-production and production phases and that they will perform well across all environments, whether in the data center, the cloud or a hybrid environment,” summed up Sargent.
- CMOs lead the data revolution
- Engagement will become a key differentiator for businesses in 2013
- SAP announces new enterprise mobility management solution
- India poised to lead the world in Nexus of Forces adoption
- CIOs to remain focused on virtualization and private cloud
- Cloud enables us to focus on our core business
- Akamai appoints new MD for India operations
- Data velocity and variety, key challenges for insurance firms
- CIOs to take a cautious approach to IT spending
- IaaS to boost cloud services market in India