Epson Debuts RIPS Printers To Help Firms Cut Costs
Epson introduced its Replaceable Ink Pack Systems (RIPS) printers which claims to drastically reduce costs. The Epson WorkForce Pro RIPS series utilize high capacity Replaceable Ink Pack Systems (RIPS) that can hold a far higher volume of ink compared to traditional ink cartridges.
The system provides the ease-of-use of a cartridge-based system, combined with the high volume printing of an ink tank system. The Workforce RIPS printers can provide enough ink to print up to 75,000 A4 pages of Black and Colour.
“Workforce RIPS printers offer the lowest print cost in this category of 30 Paise for B&W and 75 Paise for Colour, and an amazingly low energy consumption of just 40Watts,” according to a statement.
Minoru Usui – President of Seiko Epson Corporation, Japan said, “Our unique technology offers significant benefits to office and professional customers in terms of cost, productivity and the environment. Based on our industrial grade PrecisionCore technology, I believe we have the potential to shift office printing from laser to inkjet, and this is one step in that direction. Ultimately when it comes to printing, my overall aim is simply “everything printed by Epson.”
Epson states this new system gives business owners and corporates the freedom to print without worrying about the cost or physical waste. The company also announced its entry into the copier segment with the launch of the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591 and WF- R5691. In FY2014-15, Epson’s value market share for inkjet printers in India was 51%.
While the WF-R8591 is priced at Rs193,999 (Desktop Model) and Rs 262,996 (Pedestal Model) respectively, the WF-R5691 is priced at Rs 98,999.
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData
- How Automation, Disruptors Hit Traditional Law Firms
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- How AI Is Changing CFO's Role
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study
- Online Lending Reaching A New High
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems